If you don't stop and stare into the vastness of a blue sky or the enormity of a mountain, you get lost in those cascades. Why are fathers getting cancer and dying? Why are girls ending up in the ER? Why are families breaking apart? Why are friendships crumbling? God takes me to His mountains - sometimes real ones and sometimes not - and answers my WHY questions with WHO answers.
Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone,
when the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy? (Job 38)
When He reminds me of who He is - that He created the way to the place where the light is distributed and where the east wind is scattered upon the earth - I'm okay with my questions.
It's taken two years and three months but I can say with genuine sincerity...I love my job. Nothing in my life thus far has brought as much pain and joy. I wish I could explain fully in the perfect words, but...I love what God has called me to do and who He has called me to be - blessings, sufferings, and all. If He wasn't God, wasn't good, and hadn't commanded the morning since the days began, and caused the dawn to know its place, this journey would be pointless and those cascades would smother. But because He IS, it's worth it.
Cascading
Trusting


Beautifully written and communicated, Andrea! It's so good to hear you put into words what you can't put into words. =0) Thank you for helping me remember how it's worth it in the midst of the daily cascades.
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful to hear the words that you love your job!! You are wonderful at it, too. Jesus has given you such an amazing gift to identify with the suffering, the broken, and the lost. I love you!
ReplyDelete