Thursday, July 28, 2011

My New Season

Being open and sharing about life has never been my forte.  However, over the last couple years I have seen the value in walking through life with other people…and not living like a deserted islander.  Especially this summer, God has brought so many different people to surround me, support me, think with me, pray for me, be my friends.  This really describes perfectly what a support team for ministry is.  And this team is vital.

As I’m still just out of the blocks in this new season of my life, I am so eager as I look toward the first curve and straight-away.  In just two weeks, I’ll trek the 1300 miles down to Florida and a place that has become very dear to me in strange ways – Embry-Riddle University.  When I get there, I think I’ll still feel like I’m a student…that is until everyone else scurries away to class after a 7-minute lunch break and I’m still sitting there, realizing there’s no professor waiting to take my attendance.  However, I will most definitely still be a student – just a different kind of student.  I will be learning from my disciplers on how to disciple others, and I will be learning from the students and friends God has brought into my life.  Most importantly, I will be learning from the greatest Teacher ever, the very Word of God. 

The title of this blog has become my life verse, the words I pray for the grace to live out to the glory and praise of God.  They are simple, yet entire worlds of meaning are wrapped up in them… 

John 3:30   He must become greater; I must become less.

They are the words of John the Baptist when he confessed he was a mere mortal who could only speak a bit about subjects of religion, while the words of Jesus were the words of God and everlasting life was available through faith in him.  My prayer…that Jesus would increase in honor and influence through every thought I think, every conversation I have, every word I say, every step I take.

Daytona Beach is calling me!

I am so looking forward to seeing this dear friend!


1 comment: