Recently I have been blown away by how God answers prayers. I just met with a supporter and we got talking how we both used to (and still tend to) think that there are little things that we just shouldn’t bother God with (e.g. help finding something). But when we only pray in the big decisions, we rob God of glory He could receive when we see and share with others how He answered in the small things! We remembered that He will answer on His timetable – which may be, and usually is, different from ours – but that is in fact the best timing! He knows what He’s doing.
This summer God has taught me a lot about praying. He has answered my petitions for calm nerves when I talk in front of a big group, words to say in a support meeting when my brain is dead (and even when it’s feeling pretty sharp), and humility… Reading through some of my old journals over the last 7 years, I can see the most-repeated prayer was, Father, break me; break me so that I depend on only You for everything! He is answering this prayer…
He is also faithful in showing me how He has no boundaries! Very often I realize that I put limits on what I think He can do or will do. He is in the business of blowing up the box I put Him in. It is really invigorating, then, to be able to tell people how His fingerprints have been apparent in everything in this life, how His love is unfathomable, and how He delights in filling my empty cup.
With this new year opening ahead of me, I pray for the grace to pray. Father, bring me to my knees in humble dependence on you for absolutely everything. For Your name’s sake.
isn't it amazing and awesome to see how he answers our prayers? be careful for what you pray for ;) hehe so excited to see how he will use you and grow you this year!!
ReplyDelete