The older I get…the faster time flies. And I agree with that other saying, Time flies when you’re having fun. Therefore, the older I get, the more fun I must be having. (I didn’t fare too well in my 8th grade logic class, but I think those statements are “valid”.)
The last few weeks sure have involved much of this fun. From Christina being home in Kansas for Christmas, to the Campus Outreach National Conference in Chattanooga, to visiting family and friends in southern Florida, I am struck by how God has blessed me with beautiful people, experiences, and lessons. Being in the thick of these things He has created, I praise the Creator.
Below is small snapshot evidence of God answering prayers to bring people to the Conference, work in our hearts, and teach us:
“Conference was an eye-opener. Got to answer questions I never thought I’d have. I just want to live my life for God, that all I do give glory to Him.”
- Shiku, relating her Conference experience
“If God loves you, He will ruin you to get you where He wants you.”
- Matt Chandler, speaker at Conference
"He says to believe what you have heard. I have heard but I do not believe." - Christina, after a sermon on Gal. 3:1-6
“In Christ, there is nothing I can do that will make God love me more, and there is nothing I have done that will make Him love me less.”
- J.D. Greear, speaker at Conference
“I got 4 hours of sleep Tuesday night and 5 hours last night and I am supposed to be intentional with conversations and be there for girls and sit in on talks and … it’s showing me how frail I am and how much I need Jesus.”
- Me, from my journal the second day of Conference
“If you’re not pursuing satisfaction in God, you can’t love people!”
- John Piper, speaker at Conference
"I'm ready to go back to campus and try to be a disciple."
- Kesta, at the end of Conference
Our CO Florida group at Conference
With my dear friend, Erin, on a hiking excursion to Lookout Mtn. on the Conference free day
With some of the Florida girls
Christina, Nadia, Yi, Kesta, Me (see my gangsta boots I borrowed?)
An early morning walk to the convention center through downtown Chattanooga (notice the squinty eyes of little sleep...But SO worth it.)




Aw, little baby squinty eyes!!! It's great to hear about what everyone learned and experienced at conference. I'm so glad you went. I'm praying for you in this new semester, that your strength and words and everything will come from the Father! I love you! Hug!
ReplyDelete