Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Music to My Ears

Multiply. It is what we were commanded in the beginning by God to do, spiritually and physically. It is What Campus Outreach strives to do through their lives with students on the campus. It is what I have longed to see firsthand, but have not seen or have kept my eyes shut to.

However, I am beginning recently to see how God has carried this "multiplying" out and is still carrying it out. When I first started going to CO meetings three years ago, I was one of three girls on average. Now, we have three small GROUPS of girls with group leaders. We have girls wanting to invest in their younger peers and to meet up with their non-believing friends to talk more about Jesus. What I never would have dreamed of happened last weekend - a Women's retreat. Talk about building community among the ladies on our campuses!

One of the girls in the disciple-group (d-group) I lead has a d-group of her own. She told me today...
"I notice in our d-group that you always make time for prayer. Now in my d-group, I make sure we have time to pray."

My heart is warmed to hear that what I value and am modeling to my disciples is being passed on to the next generation.

God is surely building laborers on our campus for the lost world right before our very eyes. To Him alone be the glory!


On the Women's Retreat during free time - jamming out with my JU teammate, Katie


At the retreat - Look at all those girls! And talking so much!


Enjoying the beautiful day at Old St. Augustine after the retreat

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's incredible!! What an awesome God we have!!

    ReplyDelete