Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Tribute

Every year, my birthday is better than the previous one.  I think that’s because the friends I celebrate with become more dear as the years go by.  Yesterday held the perfect example of how dear my friends are.  I want to share about one particular friend through pictures…


My very sweet friend Erin gave me this notebook for my birthday.  I thought it was an empty notebook (we have almost the same planner, so maybe she has the same notebook, too, I thought...)  But she said, "The present is inside." 




So I opened it up... 





...and this is what I saw.  I gasped as I realized what she had done!
 
The notebook was not only from her, but from MANY girls on campus!






Erin had the first entry which included a portion of scripture she has encouraged me with before - Ester 4:14...that I am here on staff for such a time as this.

She filled the rest of the notebook with the words of more than 30 students and friends!

Here is a drawing by one of my little Malaysian friends - from when we tried on cool hats while shopping...and then had a picnic in the parking lot.

A sample - one of the entries...


 ...and another one...

Ever since Erin read a book about someone who walked across the U.S., we have wanted to do it together!  So maybe one day we will...

...or maybe we will drive!

After getting through 32 notes, I see this.  And I praise God for what He is doing through me when I am virtually blind to it.  I desire to be His instrument for as long as I live, if it means people will be brought closer to Him and He will be glorified!


And thank you, Erin, for your selflessness and thoughtfulness as you walk alongside me and invest in my life.  God is honored by your life!

1 comment:

  1. Every comment I write starts with "Wow!!" Wow--what amazing friends you have. Wow--what an impact you have had on so many lives. Wow--what a wonderful birthday! Wow--what great work He has done and is yet to do through you in loving others and making his name known!

    ReplyDelete