Sunday, February 19, 2012

Memories for the Future

This year is going to be one of remembering.  I think this because two of my birthday gifts were books - one, I wrote about last post and the other is one showcased here.  Both of these books are to encourage about the past and give great hope for the future!  And it reminds me in yet another way how gracious our God is - that I have such close friends.

This book is from my best friend who happens to be my sister.  I'm glad we're stuck with each other for life! She spent a long time being creative and witty to put together a book about big themes throughout our life with each other - through pictures over 23 years!


The front says "Best Sisters Forever".  I guess we liked to match - from our cool floral prints back then to our scarves today.

The first page with one of my many birthday parties with the creative Mom-made cakes.

Then we continue on through the years of cool hairstyles, big eyes, funny faces, stylish outfits...

As I look at all these pictures, I wonder if we were always together?  If we lived in the same place, we probably would always be together even now (but maybe not playing under tables and running each other over with tricycles).


These are probably my favorites  :)

I decided through seeing all these pictures together that Laura never looked the same.  In every picture it's like she's a different cute kid.

The last page...Thank YOU, Laura, for all the memories!  For teaching me so many things - in theory and by example, for always being there for me, and for being my friend.  I love you!

I hope we are even just a little bit as cool now as we were then...

1 comment:

  1. Little baby sister!! Thanks so much for the sweet blog! I about cried. I'm incredibly thankful God blessed me with you as a sister, and I've learned so much from you. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete