While coasting down a hill on my mom's bike and breathing in
the fragrance of flowering trees, I could sense my insides relaxing and my head
clearing up. The whole last year seemed
like it could be neatly wrapped up and placed in a box, although that's hardly
how it seemed while it was in progress.
There's no way for me to sum up the year in any form of words short of a
novel. Yet I can share in the
conclusion of the prophet Habakkuk, no matter what, I will rejoice in the
Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
One of the sweetest memories I'll take from this past
semester is d-groups with Sam and Yi.
Life-on-life discipleship really happened as we shared each others' joys
and struggles and went to a deeper level in our relationships with one another and
our Father. I'll never forget our
regular meetings on early mornings at Dunkin Donuts - lovingly called "the
Dunk" - to join in pouring out our hearts to God and meeting with Him
together over His word. Thank you, Sam
and Yi, for showing me more what humility and vulnerability look like. I hope no matter where we all end up that we
can continue to seek God's face together.
"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." (Ps. 27:4)
Sam's Do-Before-Graduation #14: Drink half-price milk shakes at Stake n' Shake's 2a.m happy hour....Done.
One of our last d-groups - we met in a cemetery on a beautiful morning to gain eternal perspective.
Skyping with Yi's parents the night before she left to spend the summer with them in China.
Other Semester Snapshots...
Hanging out at the Conference meet with some old and new teammates.
A last lunch with Wei Wei and Foong Yi before Foong Yi left for Malaysia...hope I'll see her again someday :(
Coming soon to an island near you! Stay tuned for more to come!



Great pictures and great thoughts, like always!!
ReplyDelete