Where our group is staying is on a strip right on the ocean that is rather touristy. People from all over the world are in this area and everyone seems to run (or try to run) for exercise. However different this place is from what I'm used to, I'm beginning to feel at home. I've made friends with the sweet woman from India who owns the gift shop by our condo, the Enterprise rental car folks, the Subway employees who help me practice my Spanish, and our students and staff have become like family.
This past week was filled with early mornings (the sun comes up at 5), Word, evangelism, stewardship, and world vision training, and Spanish and Puerto Rican culture classes, all at the Universidad de Puerto Rico. One-on-one times with some of the girls have been really sweet and hanging out with everyone in general has been amazing.
Through all this excitement and yes, challenges, God is so good. I've had to dig deeper into His grace and He is faithful in giving me peace in the chaotic times (like driving and getting frequently lost) and rest in the wearisome times (like when I try to control everything) and His rejoicing when I rejoice.
Exploring the rocky shore of our backyard beach
With Katie and Abbie at La Travesia, the church-plant we are working with a bit
Enjoying the night at Old San Juan



These are great observations! I'm very proud of you and so thankful for such a great experience and special people you can meet and be with. I love you!!
ReplyDelete