I walked around a less-populated part of campus, soaking up
the warm sun while the wind was cold, thinking about what girls had told me in
conversations of the day. I know that God is sanctifying me through
this relationship. I've pulled two all-nighters this week. Next
semester I want my priorities to be different – I want to focus on what gives
me purpose. I've had 19-hour days at
school recently; I’m exhausted. I've enjoyed it here, but it’s just been really hard – I’m so homesick.
My heart is left with nothing else to say but, Jesus, this
campus needs you. These girls need
you. I need you.
as always, a great reminder. love you!!
ReplyDeleteAmen! Thank you, Andrea, for the reminder to always run to Jesus and to get all our needs met in Him. I find it hard at the end of the day to set aside my weariness, the emptiness you talked about, but every time I do He is faithful to meet my needs and save me from my self pity. Of course! As if He would all of a sudden decide not to be merciful or kind, or strong! It's so easy to forget that He delights in rescuing us. He's the ultimate hero, and He thrills at the thought of the pursuit and the rescue of His bride in distress. Thank You, Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, for never being other than You are! Thanks for sharing, Andrea! I'm encouraged.
ReplyDelete