As the semester is winding down and I'm feeling like one of those solid rocket boosters that fall off the space shuttle after it's reached 45 km, it has been more difficult to go to campus and do my job these days. This thought has been frequently coming to mind, am I enjoying my job? My answer has recently been in the negative, and I believe it is because I feel unsuccessful and have lost the vision of why I'm here. I know the "right" responses to both these issues. But it's tiring being "right" and forcing myself to accept something I don't really believe. I want to be "real" and through honesty with my Father, let Him be the one to increase my faith to believe.
On some long walks I've taken this week, a very quiet whisper - maybe like that one Elijah heard - has reminded me, nowhere does God call you to be successful...only faithful. So that is where I am, pondering, what does it look like to be faithful?
Do they teach you at ERAU about the distance a space shuttle goes before the booster falls off? Haha. Thanks for your insight! Praying we can all be faithful.
ReplyDelete