Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Sun Always Rises

Sunrises can be incredibly poignant.  Something about forfeiting sleep, sitting somewhere and being forced to wait, anticipating beauty, and then seeing that beauty realized at a level you couldn't have imagined has a way of reminding me that God is God.  And if that is true, then all other things will be okay.


The last day on Puerto Rico Project, a few of us walked out to the rocky beach at 5:30 to receive this reminder, straight from the easel of God.

It's during days of high transition like today that I pray for the grace to remember and truly believe God is who He says He is, that no promise He has ever made will go unfulfilled, that His love for me is greater than I'll ever fully comprehend, and that He has invited me in on His ultimate purpose...making Him famous.

I think believing these things brings hope...that looks a little like this...



Here are a few tangible snapshots of God's grace from this past month...

Out with the Riddle girls on Project.  A sweet time to share and listen to one another's "hi" and "lo" on Project so far.

These beautiful orange trees are everywhere!  Their name is very fitting..."Flamboyant"

Halfway through, our room of staff girls and team leaders cooked dinner and enjoyed some much needed time together.

SunSETS also have their poignant qualities...beauty to rest in and a reminder that the sun WILL come up again in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and thoughtful!! I'm so thankful for your time in Puerto Rico and I'm also glad you're back. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog! And so very thankful to have spent a month in PR with you :) I still miss not seeing you every morning in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete