Every so often I will listen to the country radio station in my car. Cowboys write pretty poignant songs sometimes. One song I've heard a few times before didn't stand out to me until the other day. While cooling-off taking a walk around campus after some solo racquetball in the evening, the words of the chorus came back to me...You're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times. So take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this... (You're Gonna Miss This) For some reason, I had never applied these words to my own life. Yet walking through the evening chill as the sun set behind the Cessnas lined on the tarmac, a fresh wave of gratitude washed over me and I began to sing - with honesty - I'm gonna miss this. I'm gonna want this back. I'm gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast...
Although the Sunflower State seems to be calling me to return and enjoy the beauties of Spring and the beauties of friends, the Sunshine State is where I am to be now. And thanks to my Father, the motivation to remain and be faithful to the end is becoming my reality.
So true and insightful! Still don't quite know how you listen to country music, but it's a great reminder to live in gratitude and in the present. Love you!!
ReplyDeletejust listened to the song! it's great!
ReplyDelete