Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Still Alive

It's been quite a while since I last updated this little blog.  I am still alive and God is still good.  No surprise on the second one.  Maybe I haven’t written for some time because it is very difficult for me to put into words what I do on a daily basis and what is going on in my heart and what is going on in other peoples’ hearts and lives.  We might have to suffice with bullet points and summaries.   

I recently suggested to some close friends that I think I have something wrong with my brain because I can’t remember things that have happened recently or a long time ago.  Maybe I have an early form of dementia…?  They encouraged me to not give into my hypochondriatic tendencies and proposed that I am meeting and talking to so many people every day and everything is still so new that my brain is just trying to take it all in.  So I guess I agree with them mostly…but I’m still going to be praying for a better memory.
  • Small groups among the women on campus are starting soon with a few older students leading them – this is the most that has happened among the women here since I’ve been around.
  • I ran my very first distance race at the ERAU Asics Classic home cross country meet – it was rainy, windy, muddy, and a great experience!
  • My dear friend Erin and I are training for a half marathon in January – talk about real life-on-life discipleship!
  • A couple of my Malaysian friends and I are hosting a Sushi-making and Sushi-eating night this Thursday with our other Asian friends.  Mmmmm.
  • I’ve been meeting pretty frequently one-on-one with a couple girls to go over some investigative material called Connections.  God has blessed our time with lots of fruitful conversations about Jesus and our position in him.
  • We had a random, unofficial, unnamed tropical storm a couple weekends ago.  I’m very thankful the palm tree in front of our house didn’t fall on my bedroom or my car.
  • I have been learning Chinese from a friend – it is so much fun!  I get the same invigorated feeling learning this as I do when I’m hiking a mountain.
  • Speaking of mountains, I really want to go climb one.  Anyone know of any nearby?  Haha.
  • The roof in the elevator I am sitting near just fell.
  • In 3 weeks I will be a member of my church!  Learning a lot now in classes about the church, denomination, ourselves, Jesus, the world…
  • I’m praying for lots of things but especially that God would raise up more leaders among the women (especially amongst the athletes) and develop the ones already raised up.  This campus and world is big – I am unable to reach out to all of them, we must multiply leaders.

Thank you so much for sticking with me, even in my inconsistency.  I appreciate your friendship and interest in what God is doing here so much!

Our Campus Outreach Florida staff team recently in Jacksonville.


The 3-week investigative Connections series.

Made it to the top of a hill at the cross country race.

3 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you're still alive!!! you make everything look so fun, even running in the mud. it was probably more fun for you because you were running in the mud... haha, i like the random things, too, like about the elevator! did anyone get hurt? you are doing such amazing things and i'm praying that God will continue to give you the endurance to run the race. i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha baby laura read my mind! ;) i was gonna say that i wanna hear more about the elevator thing. so excited for u and love hearing what He's doin over there!! thanks for sharing!! press on sister baby andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be encouraged as a servant of the Lord Jesus "in whatever you do, do all to the glory of God". What a joy for me and our team to experience the servant's heart in the church of Azerbaijan. Every house we entered was evidence of the servant spirit demonstrated by our brothers and sisters in Christ in this far off land. "How blessed it is when brothers live in unity." No matter where we are it is amazing the instant bond we have in the family of God. May you have continued joy serving the students through Campus Outreach/Florida. Blessings, Jeb

    ReplyDelete