The last few days I have been sick with something…Allergies? Cold? But today, after resting this morning I am feeling much better. As I was in bed this morning, I remembered how thankful I am for whenever I get sick. It makes me stop, remember Who is in control, and be dependent on Him again. This week is especially one where I could have relied on my own abilities and tried to do, do, do instead of pray, pray, pray. Since we had the kick-start of Alpha last night and the Fall Retreat is coming up this weekend, there is a lot of inviting and following up with students at this time.
Our table at Alpha was full of students we didn’t plan on coming and was lacking students who planned on coming. What a neat reminder of God’s sovereignty! Thank you for praying that God would bring the right people to it – I am resting in the truth that He did. The teaching was titled something like “God’s story and our’s”. The meal was delicious (if the teaching or discussion don’t bring people back, the food sure will) as was dessert, which we ate while discussing some questions at our table. Many people felt the freedom to talk and we mulled over some interesting ideas. Despite how good the teaching and discussion were, I couldn’t help but think that if I had not grown up in the church I would have been pretty confused with some of the language and ideas presented. I pray that God would work on hearts to understand and feel comfortable to ask questions.
Tomorrow evening, Yi and I are gathering with a small group of freshman girls who have expressed the desire to grow in their faith. These are ones who have encouraged me by their desire to pray for and reach out to their friends, attend and invite friends to Sunday school and church, and use their time in college for grander purposes. I am excited to see how God grows their hearts even more over this semester…and their entire lives!
This weekend is the one-and-only Fall Retreat! I and the other 40-ish students from our school who are for sure coming are super excited! To get away from classes, dorm rooms, school food, homework, distractions and get to know people better, get to know ourselves better, and get to know our great Savior better. A difference for me this retreat compared to past ones is that I am helping emcee it…hopefully I’ll have some fun stories on that too!
Thank you for your prayers! In the words of Yi, pray that we would remember that worshiping God is the most important thing.
This isn’t wheat, but it reminds me…
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. ~ Jesus
No comments:
Post a Comment